We’re big fans of comfort food around here. Don’t get us wrong, we enjoy the simplicity of a fresh pasta meal with bright, flavourful ingredients… but there’s a time and place for Mac N’ Cheese and it belongs in a baking dish! Especially during our loonngg winter season here in Thunder Bay.
Before you get started, we highly recommend taking your Baked Mac N' Cheese Casserole to the next level. Add extra cheese to make it more ooey-gooey. Ground Beef, Pickled Jalapenos or Crispy Onions would also be delicious additions!
Here is how to turn your Mac N’ Cheese Kit into the ultimate - cheesy - bubbly - crunchy topping - cozy bowl of love.
This can also be done with our dairy free, Vegan Mac N’ Cheese Kits!
BAKED MAC N' CHEESE CASSEROLE RECIPE
Click here to PRINT
Serving size varies on your kit size: The Easy Meal: 2-3 | The Mid-Week Meal: 4-5 | The Nonna In A Box: 8-10
MAC N’ CHEESE KIT
- 1 package of Fresh Macaroni
- 1 container of Mac N' Cheese Sauce
- 2 tbsp Herb Breadcrumb Topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring a large pot of water and 2 tbps of salt to a boil over high heat.
- From your Mac N' Cheese Kit, add fresh macaroni to boiling water, stir, and begin timing. Fresh pasta cooks quickly! Cook for 3- 4 minutes. When pasta is tender, drain well.
- In a pot, add our Mac N' Cheese sauce and warm on medium heat for 5 -7 minutes. or in the microwave for 3-4 mins. Stir often. Once heated, add cooked pasta and mix together, coating evenly.
- After stirring together cooked pasta and sauce, add to a lightly greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle our breadcrumb topping over the top. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Carefully remove foil and continue baking for another 5 - 7 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 mins. Serve into your favourite bowls!
If you make this recipe, we would love to see! Share a photo with us using the hashtag #aroundthetable.